Whats its doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgansfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's this fish doing ? Can you tell me if it is a male or female ?

Attachments

• image-936493276.jpg
    image-936493276.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 110
Lol maybe just found it odd it was in w a male (can't remember what they're called ) that was doing the same thing under a few structures. There was a female in there w them to idk if it was a female as well?

I knew they would move them (only just read that bc of him) but I didn't think they would move whole areas like this ! :) it's kinda neat to me how they can make such a perfectly even shape like this !

Yeah, most cichlids (especially african species) dig a lot. My neolamprologus multifasciatus (tanganyikan shell dwelling cichlids) move almost all the sand in their tank on a daily basis and bury each others shells lol

Lol well thats not very nice ! It's kinda fun though watching them make things how THEY want it

Males will often dig a mating area. It's not strictly a male behavior, but it's mostly male. They're trying to impress the lady fish ;-)

Lady_Alia said:
Males will often dig a mating area. It's not strictly a male behavior, but it's mostly male. They're trying to impress the lady fish ;-)

That's what I though bc I had the smaller tank next to the larger and they were both doing it and now I have that greshakie male in the small tank waiting to be picked up and he's made the spot twice as big!!! Lol he keeps checking it to be sure no more rocks are there :) anddd looking for a hole at the back so he can escape ! Stinker ...

Attachments

• image-3828028876.jpg
    image-3828028876.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 90
Lady_Alia said:
Awwww he's so pretty!!! I love greshakeis!

He's a beauty that's for sure !! He's just so large I can keep him happy with what I have :(

Back
Top Bottom