What's the best T5HO bulb on the market?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've used Geissmann and Hagen Life Glo. I came across Coral Life and it cost a bit more than the others. Does that mean its better? Please advise? Thanks in advance.

On your suggestion months ago the Geissmann work fine. Still having trouble visually acclimating to the Aquaflora bulb. I'm currently using all Midday bulbs. I've since added a 4th bulb and may give the Aquaflora another try, but I'm leaning on trying one 10,000k bulb for a crisp look.

Well, if you're not a fan of the midday/aquaflora combo... try this on a 4 bulb setup and see how you like it:

Front
midday
aquaflora
midday
back

The 10,000k up front should give you a whiter look, but still give your plants much of that optimal spectrum that the aquaflora puts out.

Thanks! I've just read some positive reviews of people using 2 Midday and 2 Aquaflora in a 4 bulb system. How would you stagger them? M x A x M x A.

From my experiences the Coralife bulbs die prematurely, I had 2 bulbs that died within 2 months of use.

Back
Top Bottom