Whats this stuff on my glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fballer4310

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-4220199709.jpg

image-3015804761.jpg

image-4204694688.jpg

So last night I had one of my green chromis doing crazy flips and somersaults everywhere. This morning I wake up and see my glass covered with these little brown string looking things. Its just stuck on the glass. Any ideas? Am I dealing with a parasite of some sort and is that what made my fish go crazy?

Oh I might add that I tested the water last night and ph, ammonia, and nitrites were fine and the nitrates <10. I also have two filters a marineland penguin 350 and an emperor 400. The 400 is about 2 years old and was making a weird noise last night so in my panic already about this fish I didnt want anything happening to the filter overnight (burning out or something) so I disconnected it leaving only the 350 running. My tank is 75 gallons with only 4 fish and a couple crabs so I figured this was ok for the night. Could that also be left over food or something that's stuck on the glass from me turnin the filter off? I guess I'm trying to think something positive here. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom