Whats with my Live Rock? ( PICTURES )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimaT

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank is 5month old and doing good. amonia/nitrate 0... calcium is a lil high 460-500 and alk is a lil low 6.5-7 (using API test kits) magnesium is at 1410... (in case it matters)

caroline algea seems not to be gorowing well. in fact, when i ran my LED Radion light fixture on 20k setting... i saw some progression... but now that i switched to 14k setting it started to look kind of burned. my lights start at 10am and end at 9pm (running at 85% max at 12pm-7pm)

all the caroline algea you came on the rock, nothing new

any suggestions?

Also, why do the stones on my sand turn green?

Thank you

Picutres show (with lights on and off)

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 124
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 135
Your tank looks pretty good, be patient. I started a tank about 10 months ago. At 5 months mine looked a lot like your. It will go though several different algae blooms. Try to decrease your feeding a little bit and increase your water changes. Your coraline algae is in competition with the other algae. Mine had little growth for the first several month. At about month 7-8 most of that green algae went away and my coraline algae started taking off. Remember coraline algea is a slow grower.

Also when I change bulbs my coraline algae looked bleached for about month but came back fine.

Back
Top Bottom