What's wrong with my Fancy Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again,

Below is a link to a tank/filter/stocking website where I was playing around with filtration. I've copied in the link to the website and also for a link to the settings I was using. You can save the website off so quite useful. Everything can be changed as I took a guess on a few things.

The stocking level comes to assumed 213% which we all know is not good but worse the filtration is at 29%. I would stuff as much bio-media as you can into it as I think your tank would have ammonia problems. Don't use carbon as it will start to grown bb after a few weeks so every time you replace it, bb would be lost and you can't afford to have any lost. Twice weekly 50% water changes will be needed as we really keep water first, fish second (so to speak).

Doubling the filter I looked at next and that gets to 59% but not close to 100%. Ideally I have found you want it slightly over 100% so unfortunately there is nothing I can think of that has much chance.

Give the links a go, I'm interested in how you get on.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom