Whats wrong with my zoas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any possibility of pox? I have other coral that's doing fantastic, it's only my one zoa frag. My other zoa rock is open and happy as can be.

No way a tank that young with that many fish already has 0 trates. What are you using to test? That alkalinity reading doesn't make sense either

I feel stupid. Just retested. However I am still worried about the white specks on the zoas.

Attachments

• image-28442991.jpg
    image-28442991.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 73
Nah don't feel stupid. Those test strips are pretty notorious for being inaccurate. I'd try and get your hands on the liquid tests, they usually wield better results. Your trates look to be about 20 which isn't unreasonable. I'd do a water change and see if that helps them open.

I'd try and do like 25-30% to really get the nitrates down. Hopefully that resets everything and the zoas perk back up.

Alright. Will change the water, I'll update whenever I'm done and everything settles

Good luck! Just remember everyone is a beginner and some point and I don't think anyone can say they have never messed up before. Everything is a learning process in this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom