What's your favorite cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacyz

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's everyones favorite cichlid?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's everyones favorite cichlid?

Love my Bolivian Rams, so much personality in such a small fish.

My wish list cichlids are a pair of Honduran Red Points.

I've never had rams but I do Love my severums an so far my EBJD

My favorite is my leopolds angel
Um36yI4.jpg

Apistogramma by far. Amazing fish. I also saw a vote for Tropheus and those are really cool. My favorite African Cichlid

Well so far, the Papagei. I've been trying for a week to get a decent picture. Best I have is something thats all blurry but you can see the red and blue body with yellow fins. The Winklefleck's and Tefe Pearl Orange's are both really cool too.

Least favourite atm... Not realising my convicts laid eggs and reaching in to move an air hose and get bitten by the male lol.

Have some gorgoues Blue Rainbow Tropheus and Red Rainbow as well as a couple Firecracker Red Moliro Moorii's. Blue Rainbow is amazing. My personal favorite is the Purple Lufubu tropheus. But Tropheus aside, Apisto's are the best. And I know all about multiple tank syndrom. Have 16 in my bedroom, I love it. For the Panduro, I'm not to sure. I have multiple tank only species than a couple community type tanks with mixed apisto's of different complex's and I have one with some Panduro's with Agassizii fire reds and Winkleflecks and of the three the Winkelflecks are by far the most aggresive but not overly just more so than the others and the Panduro's and Fire Reds have there moments but not to bad. It all depends on if they're in another's territory. They get along for the most part though. Mine are still a little young though just coloring up so we'll see how they are as adults.

Rainbow tropheus are my favorite tropheus, your bedroom sounds like mine before I moved! (Post some pictures some time) As far as apistos go, I would get ready to seperate them out soon. The panduros will get bigger and badder as they get older. I had mine with baenschi when I first got them and as they got bigger it was obvious they needed to be in a tank of their own. With the right space and understocking a mix could be done but I'd suggest not

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom