What's Your Favorite Part of Fishkeeping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just out of curiosity, I have three questions for you :

1. What was the first fish you ever had?

2. What's your favorite fish and why?

3. What's your favorite part of fishkeeping?

My answers are:
1. Betta fish
2. Betta fish (again lol)
3. Being able to go home and lose yourself watching your fish and invertebrates. I can do it for hours at a time

How about you? :fish2:

This seems like fun :)

1.) I had a few tanks growing up so I don't remember my *first* fish, but he fish I do remember are an eel of some sort (some sort of spiny, my mom set up the tank for me 17 or so ears ago)
2.) my favorite fish has to be keyhole cichlids, although I'm still yet to get my hands on some lol
3.) my fish are a treatment for my depression, it keeps my mind active and distracted and gives me a sense of purpose when I feel like I don't have one :) I setup my current tank after I broke up with my girlfriend, hence why I have bleeding heart tetras haha I'm so deep XD but in all seriousness, this tank has helped me immensely!

Sorry, I couldn't seem to answer those with short answers haha :)

1.goldfish
2.this is a tough one. It'd be a 3way tie between my kuhlis, gbr's and my pondfish
3. Same reason as yours :)

1. Betta
2. Blue pinoy and green leopard angelfish (fw) because they're gorgeous and breed well
3. Setting the tank up and aquascaping

I think I had guppies when I was younger not to sure.

Loving the BN pleco ATM I love watching their behavior and them munching down on some cucumber or an algae wafer.

Watching them after a long day at work, making sure they are happy and healthy.

Wow! So many nice replies. A nice distribution of favorites too :)

I forgot to mention, my other favorites are koi fish. I just love watching them. I forgot to mention them because I don't have a pond yet but am getting one soon. Yippee!

1) iresdescent shark
2) favorite fish is a tie between my redtail catfish and my tiger shovelnose, both are soo fun to watch :)
3) same as most people, I love coming home from a hard days work and just watching them swim around, esp since some of my fish have great personalities, and some r just flat out goofy :)

Here's a picture of when they were slightly younger in my old tank :)

ForumRunner_20120606_165348.jpg

1. What was the first fish you ever had? My very first fish it was a betta who lasted close to 3 years. It was long time ago and I kept him in a bowl. Now that I have a fish tank, my firt type of fish I put in there, were neon tetras. I like them.

I would say platies and guppies. I like them because they are hardy, colorful and the mate like crazy! But if I had to pick my very favourite, it would be the clown fish, Nemo.

My favourite part is that I really learn a lot of super interesting stuff. I just decided to give it a try, but since I started with this hobby, I am eager to learn more and more. The more I read about it, and the more things I do with my aquarium, the more fascinated I am with all this stuff. It is very relaxing for me to sit in front of my fish tank and see the type or "personality" each individual has. I really enjoy it and find it very soul&mind-fulfilling. :)

Bettafanatic said:
Just out of curiosity, I have three questions for you :

My answers are:
1. Betta fish
2. Betta fish (again lol)
3. Being able to go home and lose yourself watching your fish and invertebrates. I can do it for hours at a time

How about you? :fish2:

1 black skirt and serpae tetras
2 my favourite fish are angelfish
3 I love learning about biology and love that i have a mini ecosystem in my own home.

Back
Top Bottom