Whats your heat index at? Mines at 105.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in Clearwater Fl. During what "northerners" call Summer its usually from 89 - 91 for daytime highs (the "lows" are around 75 - 77 LOL). From May through September neither the percent humidity nor the heat index are given by the weathermen (hot and sticky is hot and sticky, no matter how you slice it).
My tanks are in my office, which is a converted patio, which is the only unairconditioned (and unheated) room in the house. "Fortunately" the main tank is being treated for ich at 88F so the heat isn't a factor. Once the ich treatment is over I'll be running the window AC unit during the hottest part of the day to keep the temp under control. (can't wait to see my electric bill !!)

Lately it has been about 90 to 94 here with a heat index of around 94 to 100. I have central heat and we run it all day though. We turn the thermostat up when we are out of the house, but it never really gets above 78, which just happens to be the ideal temp for the tanks.

Clinton Twp, MI 2pm 90 degrees, 74% humidity, heat index 107 high temp 97... low 76. AC got turned on at 9:30am. Normally I can keep the windows open and just use fans till noon, sometimes 2pm. We have a heat warning in effect from 1pm today until 8pm Tuesday.
It is 11:30pm, it is 84 degrees, 74% humidity and heat index of 93. Supposed to be pretty much the same tomorrow, it will cool off Thursday to 84 with 40% chance of rain. Thank goodness for ac, fans, and breezes. It would have been very difficult going out this afternoon *son had an appointment* had it not been for the breeze.

Please, everyone, even in AC, drink plenty of fluids, mainly water, and stop whatever you are doing if you feel faint. Also, please check on loved ones without AC, remind them to drink lots of fluids. Yup, mommy hen syndrome - just want everyone to be safe.

You have no idea.... I'm in sydneys west and during summer we can reach 45C in the shade...

the most my tanks have gone to is 34C with the help of my freezer and 2Lt bottles of water!

I feel for you guys and gals, but it could be worse...

Back
Top Bottom