What's your opinion: Otos or more cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only pygmies in a ten

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I mean ottos I here'd you can keep 3 In a10g

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

In a well maintained ten

I have one otto with a lot of other stuff my tank is over stocked I have been keeping it well cared for but there is a lot of algae

I personally would not add more otocinclus to an overstocked tank.

Ok thank you I don't plan on buying any now but can a panda Cory or albino Cory live in a ten g

They need groups and more space

Just three can reach full size right

In a 10g can they get to full size

It is too small for their level of activity

What do you want to have in there to add yourself? I've got ottos and cories as well and I don't have any problems keeping them. You have to choose what you like. They're all compatible. But it's your choice whatever that might be. Good luck with choosing!

Well, my original stock plan was my current stock plus cherry barbs and an angel but I want a ram pair so I don't think an angel is a good choice and the cherry barbs are impossible to find around here. So, I was going to get a pair of albino longfin BNs, but I didn't want too much of a bioload. Then I arrived at otos or more cories, plus a honey gourami or cardinal tetras, maybe harlequins.

Well, enough to choose from...
How come cherry barbs are hard to get your hands on? It's a very common barb. At least, overhere it is. Almost every lfs overhere sells them.

I can only get to my LFS on weekends and stock comes in on Mondays, so they always are sold out

I can only get to my LFS on weekends and stock comes in on Mondays, so they always are sold out
So...they order them every week and sell out of them by the weekend every week? Umm.....why don't they order more at a time? Probably not a question or answer you have any control over but it is pretty odd behavior from a retail store.

They don't order every week and I'm up there maybe three times per year.

Nope, just Petsmart, which actually QTs here but doesn't carry cherry barbs. So currently what I want to stock is-
CURRENT
5 guppies
7 (+2) cories
Ram pair
5 rummynose tetras
NEW STUFF
M:F pair BN plecos or 5 otos
6 cardinal tetras or harlequin rasboras

Back
Top Bottom