When will my guppy have her fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She does not look squared off to me, so it could be a few more days. Also, it appears as if she may have a spine deformity.
Breeder boxes are very stressful to put fish in, I personally prefer to let the females stay in the main tank where they are comfortable, and provide hiding places for the fry.

Thanks for answer I bought her from a pet shop like that about 2 weeks ago she seems to be quiet happy

I agree, it will be several more days yet from the rounded shape of her bottom belly line.
I also agree with letting the fry be born in the main tank with lots of fine leaf plants to hide in. Momma will feel better and fry will grow faster. OS.

Haven't had guppies since i was probably about 10, but from what i recall, this is how they used to look right before they dropped. Maybe i didn't pay much attention to detail, so I'm glad these guys gave your the correct info

I been keeping fish for 50 years now and I will always have a soft spot for the beloved Guppy. Three guppies and three zebra danios were my very first fish when I was 12.

Thanks for your comments they have been very helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom