Where can I buy aquarium Backdrops/Backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 3 local pet[co|smart|supermart] have 'em on rolls - cut what you need. 2 of the lfs have pre-cut ones. Personally I just use the wide format printer over in the corner here at work...

If you are just looking for a solid color go to the fabric store and get some fabric you like and a couple strips of velcro. I wanted a solid black background and just used some black felt I had.

I've been thinking about trying a few different posters too (I work for a publisher and can get them really cheap). There are a few abstract images that might look interesting in addition to a couple of tropical images by Dan Mackin.

id10t said:
My 3 local pet[co|smart|supermart] have 'em on rolls - cut what you need. 2 of the lfs have pre-cut ones. Personally I just use the wide format printer over in the corner here at work...

how much at petco

The price ranges from $1 per foot to $3 per foot. But your lfs will have them. Wal-Mart even has them.

Yes, I've bought many backgrounds at Petsmart, a chain pet store or LFS should definitely have them. I have also painted the back of a tank black (I prefer black backgrounds on most of my tanks) and I really love the way it looks. If you go that route make sure it's what you really want, though. :D

Not per square foot. Basically find a background that you like that is the height of your tank, then just have them measure out howlong it should be. The length determines the price. So it could be $1 per foot length or even 50 cents per foot length.

A linear foot is a measurment made purely on length, not on width. The poster comes in a stock height, so you then just buy a length.

I painted sceneries on my tank and when it dried painted over it with blue mixed with black ( looks awesome ). Other tanks I just used colored poster board. :lol: I`m a cheapo.

Back
Top Bottom