Where can you get ammonia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manooosie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have read that ace hardware has it, but the one location in las vegas(how can there only be one) is a long drive for me. Is there another store that would have it? What exactly is it (pure ammonia or something else, perhaps a brand name) and how much do I need to cycle a tank? Thanks.

usually its stuff you use to clean things with...people have recommended using it to cycle my tank but i just don't like that it comes from the same part of the cupboard that we keep windex and stuff in.

try the CVS on the strip next to New York New York LOL. I would think and grocery store would have it in the household cleaning section. Try WalMart, KMart, Target, etc.

Look in the hardware sections of the stores, if not there try the household cleaning supply area. Home Depot is another store to check.

Parsons is a good, highly known name brand of ammonia that you can use. And all you need is ammonia. But like GM said, you don't want scented ammonia, or ammonia that is forified with ANYTHING else. Just...regular...ammonia.

ok, i found some ammonia at Vons. Its made by safeway, and just says ammonia. Its ingredients are Ammonium Hydroxide, surfacant, opacifier, clarifying agent. Will this work?

NO! the surfactants are soap like stuff. Try ace hardware. They have an ace hardwar brand of "janitorial strength cleaner" wich is ammoia and nothing else. Its a 10% solution, 0.17 ml is 1 ppm in 10 gallons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom