Where to buy a real Siamese Algae Eater in USA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gu2high

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have lots of red brush algae and need the fish to clean it up. But, can't find it anywhere in USA.

Where are you located? There are a chain of local fish stores here in So Cal that carry them, labeling them wrong as Flying Foxes.

theotheragentm said:
labeling them wrong as Flying Foxes.

Yeah I have seen a lot of LFS name Siamese Algae as Flying Foxes, and I am here in Kansas. So I am sure they have them, they are just labeled wrong.

Most of the decent LFSs around here have them, but as others have mentioned they are usually mislabeled. The ones I have seen at the LFS are usually very small (about 1"), thin little guys, but they fill out and grow fast. I think their availability is somewhat seasonal as well. Be sure you can identify the real ones from the false....maybe bring a pic to your LFS and ask them to order some for you?

My local Petsmart starting getting them in a few weeks ago. What a surprise that was. I have been looking for them for about a year.

If you have a Petsmart around, maybe ask and see if they can order them.

Back
Top Bottom