Where to buy plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
abrahamavelar said:
Yeah comparing the prices with the ones here its cheap plus he gives u a good amount of planrs and hooks it up my friend has bought a few and they r good healty big

His prices are the most expensive I have seen I always watch his YouTube channel I think he Is brilliant but would never pay his prices were I am I can get all the plants he offers for a quarter of the price

Scouser said:
I get most of mine from the local Pets At Home.

They have a big variety and if you can handle the risk of a snail or two then they are pretty cheap.

I'm waiting till they get some more moss balls and anubias, going today so hopefully :D

Pets at home have some nice plants but are far from cheap I can get the exact plants but in better condition for half the price from maidenhead aquatics and also the way they treat there fish is a disgrace

richpowell1989 said:
His prices are the most expensive I have seen I always watch his YouTube channel I think he Is brilliant but would never pay his prices were I am I can get all the plants he offers for a quarter of the price

Wow really, here ive seen some alot cheaper but they are really bad quality, my friend got a combo and gave me a plant and it did awesome

You can definitely do a lot better on forums when it comes to buying plants. Hobbyists tend to add in extras and don't markup their shipping price. Example, I ship most of my plants via first class since they are not as temperature and time sensitive as fish are. The result is only $2.50 for shipping, I eat the cost for packaging materials so I could fairly charge about a dollar more, but I like to keep it as low as possible for anyone who is buying from me.

abrahamavelar said:
Wow really, here ive seen some alot cheaper but they are really bad quality, my friend got a combo and gave me a plant and it did awesome

Don't get me wrong I think he is amazing and watch all his videos but his prices are very expensive, for example he charges 12 bucks for 1 sword which ain't even that big that's about 8 pound from my local lfs I pay 3 pound which is about 5 bucks for one that's about 19 inches tall with 15 leaves and in fully submerged form, I ain't saying anything bad about him because I do turn to him for advice about plants but he is expensive

jetajockey said:
You can definitely do a lot better on forums when it comes to buying plants. Hobbyists tend to add in extras and don't markup their shipping price. Example, I ship most of my plants via first class since they are not as temperature and time sensitive as fish are. The result is only $2.50 for shipping, I eat the cost for packaging materials so I could fairly charge about a dollar more, but I like to keep it as low as possible for anyone who is buying from me.

I got most my start from Jettajockey.... I was very happy. I coukdnt beat the prices or quality. ( shrimp and plants) Around here most the local stuff isn't really Truely aquatic. Online once you at shipping from most stores it's really not worth it unless your getting quantity maybe. I went to the feedback on this site and that's how I felt good about ordering.

abrahamavelar said:
oh yeah absolutly i got a sword basket from petco and it happened to be 2 swords big and with many leafs for about 5 us dollars

Exactly mate plus his are grown emerged

well i havent personally got any from him but my friend got some plants and he gave me acouple of stems of one and it was good but i had to get rid of it it grew alot faster than my wisteria, its probably the dirt

abrahamavelar said:
well i havent personally got any from him but my friend got some plants and he gave me acouple of stems of one and it was good but i had to get rid of it it grew alot faster than my wisteria, its probably the dirt

Cool did your freind get one of his packages? What plants did he get?

yes he got jungle val swords 2 kinds of ludwigia dwarf sag fome ferns some anubias rotala and some cryps, it wasnt the package deal he order those plants and he got some free stargrass and hornworth wich i learned later on that hornworth comes from hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
abrahamavelar said:
yeah they are the ones he gave me grew pretty fast, but something that i know its that his youtube channel has helped me out alot!!!!

Yeah I would defiantly agree with you there he is amazing when it comes to plants

Back
Top Bottom