Where to get java moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummingguppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
In the land of potatoes. otherwise known as Idaho.
I really want java moss to help shelter some shrimp I might get for a ten gallon. But when I went online, I couldn't find out if either petco or petsmart carried java moss. I checked at my lFS, and they didn't have one. I suppose as a last chance I might buy online, but I would prefer to not wait and either pay priority shipping for 15 bucks or pay normal shipping and end up with a browned plant when I could pick it up from petco. Thanks

I really want java moss to help shelter some shrimp I might get for a ten gallon. But when I went online, I couldn't find out if either petco or petsmart carried java moss. I checked at my lFS, and they didn't have one. I suppose as a last chance I might buy online, but I would prefer to not wait and either pay priority shipping for 15 bucks or pay normal shipping and end up with a browned plant when I could pick it up from petco. Thanks

Most mom and pop stores will carry Java moss but I don't think Petco or Petsmart does (at least mine don't). If you're only getting Java moss then the Priority shipping would only be around $6 in a small flat rate box while First class shipping could be around $2-$4 and only about a day or two slower. Java moss can typically be found for around $2-$4 per golfball on the classified section and combined with shipping you could buy it online tonight for like $5-$10 and have it in your mailbox by Wednesday or Thursday.

Any decent aquarium store should give you a clump for free. That stuff grows easy and never dies

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a ton of it.. just pulled a.basketball sized clump out of my tank.. pm and you got a baseball..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Java moss is really really hardy and it will survive a very long time in the mail. I usually buy mine off of here or eBay. Shipping for it is not expensive (usually around $5.25) and the plant is also very cheap.

Sent with my fingers

Back
Top Bottom