Where to order fish and plants online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i just made a purchase and it was delivered on Friday from aquariumfish.net. it was my first time ordering live fish online and did the whole delivered thing via ups. fosterandsmith.com, is another one.

I buy plants on line from AquariumPlants.com and ExtraPlant.com, both are very good to deal with. I've gotten fish from Live Aquaria, AquariumFish.com, and Mellow Aquatics. All are good places to deal with.

+1 to aquariumplants.com
They are incredibly professional, give a large amount of plants per portion, and the packaging is excellent. I've been very impressed with them and have ordered from them several times.
I've never bought fresh water fish online, but liveaquaria.com handled my saltwater order incredibly well.
thatpetplace.com usually has some cool oddball and rare fish available, but I've never bought anything from them, so hopefully someone else will comment that has more experience with them than I do. ;)

I use Wetspot Tropical in Oregon. They have a fantastic assortment of fish. Never got plants from them, so can't advise on that. Also try Franksaquarium. Not a big choice, but very nice fish!!

foster53 said:
I use Wetspot Tropical in Oregon. They have a fantastic assortment of fish. Never got plants from them, so can't advise on that. Also try Franksaquarium. Not a big choice, but very nice fish!!

What do they charge to ship? I also live in Oregon and am interested in getting some corys from there.

What do they charge to ship? I also live in Oregon and am interested in getting some corys from there.

got this from there site

Purchase Minimum is $24.00 for all fish to be shipped

Some further shipping information & pricing:
UPS Next Day Air starts at $35.00 (Recommended)

• UPS Ground available to most Washington and Oregon Customers available for $15.00 next day
  • USPS Priority starts at $15.00
  • Air Cargo starts at $45.00
  • Combined Shipping Rates Available

foster53 said:

love them! i'm going there this week. yay!

love them! i'm going there this week. yay!

If you live remotely close to thier store it would definitely be worth the drive. I wish I live closer to them:( From what I have heard from Anthony(Wetspots sales manager) the store is huge.

I use AZgradens (Arizona Aquatic Gardens) for plants. All the plants were in great shape. All plants come in pots which you can remove and the root the plant in substrate. Everything gets shipped over night and will arrive on Thursday I think. So you can plan to get off work early or take a sick day.

AZgardena has a huge selection and a few specials. 12 Anibias for $39. 12 Swords $39. Bunched plant special 25 for $50. They also have bulb plants that you might not find elsewhere.

You can choose small medium large and mother plants. On my 1st order, I received 7 extra plants. I had ordered 3 Barclaya bulb plant and got 5 bulbs. I also ordered 1 large Balansae crypt and got 6.

Every $100.00 order get you entered into a monthly drawing for $25.00 gift certificate.

Back
Top Bottom