Which additional food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fubie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10G planted community tank containing Scissor Tail Rasbora, Harlequin Rasbora, Neon Tetra, Blue Tetra and Ghost Shrimp. I am currently feeding them tropical flake food twice daily and I will switch to New Life Spectrum small fish formula as soon as my current food runs out. I am also supplement feeding them frozen brine shrimp twice a week. I am about to run out of the brine shrimp and was wondering if I should keep with those or switch to some other supplemental food? Thanks for your help.

I would recommend adding something to the flake/brine shrimp menu, instead of substituting for the shrimp. Why not just add freeze-dried tubifex worms one meal a week or so? I also feed my fish twice a day. (I have a bunch of tetras.) They have flakes as a staple, but about one meal a week is freeze-dried tubifex worms, one is frozen blood worms, and one is shrimp pellets. They seem to love them all. (They also love munching on my java fern. grrr. On the bright side, though, they're getting their veggies.) Oh, they also love peas. If you have enough freezer/cabinet space, and you go through the food fast enough that it doesn't go bad and need to be thrown out, a variety of foods seems like a nice thing to do for your fish.

Back
Top Bottom