Which bulb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also recommend going with the Life-Glo 2 or the Coralife Nutri Grow since both are 6,700K bulbs. The Flora-Glo 2 would make more sense if you had a dual strip fixture, then you could use one Flora-Glo 2 and one Life-Glo 2.

I agree with Wizzard~Of~Ozz

I have two floragrows on my tank now (lfs persuaded me into two of them).
My wife does not like it, it does give a pinkish twang which does not look the greatest, even though it's probably better for the plants. I'm thinking about getting a new bulb, just because it does not look natural.

Would it be better or as effective to get two 10w mini CF screw-in bulbs? I have another fixture that would allow for that. I was hoping that would work, because then I could have more light.

That would give you some good light, if you can find ones that fit and are good spectrum, I think philips has some daylight CF screwin's.. They would be from home depot.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a package of 14w daylight CF bulbs. The difference is great. The tank will be even better when I get rid of the pink gravel. Right now it's serving as a plant repository until I get my 46 gal completely set up.

Attachments

• before.gif
    before.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 31
  • after.gif
    after.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom