Which fish is the most common?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazeeboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Or what Im asking is which fish is gaining the most popularity in new tanks in recent times?

If I had to guess I would say that the neon tetra would be the most commonly found in an average aquarium. If you are asking about a "booming popularity" in recent years there would be several that come to mind including blue rams, some strains of angelfish, BN plecos of different varieties, etc. Just have to see what breeders are producing to find out what is "hot".

there is no one fish though there are trends. puffers a couple years back was a super big thing seemed everyone had to get them. now i see shrimp everyone is getting into shrimp with more and more into snails also.

there are always trends coming and going. really want to see trends look at several forums to see what people are asking about.

btw wats in the niche of shrimp and snail?

In my opinion, I do believe that the Clown Fish and the Tang category has grown in popularity after Finding Nemo... you should really can't see a Clown fish the same again after watching it :p for me I think it's a must for SW aquariums... :D

Back
Top Bottom