Which Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie1234

Aquarium Advice Regular
Still considering on which fish to add to my tank at the end of the week. I have a 110 litre tank which has 8 Rummynose tetras in. I'd like some colourful fish as well as fish to show some interesting behaviour...

•I was considering a Pearl Gourami? Peaceful, Nice looking fish however the size may be too big for my tank.
•A pair of rams or just one, electric blue or German blue
•Opaline Gourami? Again the size may be an issue also I read they can be aggressive
•Kribensis??

Basically I want to know which out of these fish will suit my tank and any tips on keeping them healthy? Also any other fish which i should consider?

Still considering on which fish to add to my tank at the end of the week. I have a 110 litre tank which has 8 Rummynose tetras in. I'd like some colourful fish as well as fish to show some interesting behaviour...

•I was considering a Pearl Gourami? Peaceful, Nice looking fish however the size may be too big for my tank.
•A pair of rams or just one, electric blue or German blue
•Opaline Gourami? Again the size may be an issue also I read they can be aggressive
•Kribensis??

Basically I want to know which out of these fish will suit my tank and any tips on keeping them healthy? Also any other fish which i should consider?

I'd go with pearl Gouramis and German blue rams. Just don't add both at the same time

If your tank is about 29 gallons, I would not get pearls. They get to be 4 or 5 inches and need a larger tank.

Do the rams and Cardinals.
Get your tank up to 82 and enjoy.
All three of those like /want/need 80+.
For bottom Sterbai cories are most heat tolerant they say.
I breed both GBR and EBR if you decide you want good quality rams.

I like kribs and pearls plenty,they are great fish but temperature and tank size have them out to me.

Do the rams and Cardinals.
Get your tank up to 82 and enjoy.
All three of those like /want/need 80+.
For bottom Sterbai cories are most heat tolerant they say.
I breed both GBR and EBR if you decide you want good quality rams.

I like kribs and pearls plenty,they are great fish but temperature and tank size have them out to me.

Wouldn't the Rams attack the Cories ? I hear stories from club members. Some seem to pick at them...some blind the Cories and peck them to death.

Yes, C sterbai are used in discus tanks. They do tolerate heat the best of the available species.

Both Apistos and GBR are know to quarrel with fish when breeding.
The agreement on cories I believe is they are too stupid or driven to stay away.
There has definitely been issue with them for some.

Back
Top Bottom