which flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platycrazy19

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just curious what everyone thinks about the different types of flakes for food. Right now I feed my fish Tetracolor tropical flakes once a day and frozen bloodworms once a week. I'm starting to run low on flakes and was thinking of trying something different if there are better suggestions.

right now I have
2 platys
1 guppy
1 tiger endler
1 upside down catfish
2 shrimp

I suggest going with pellets, there is less waste and the fish get their fill easier.

However if you really want flakes, omega one makes a good flake and it is readily available at many pet stores. If you transition to pellets, I like NLS but have also used and like hikari and a few other bulk distributor formulas.

Which Flakes

Hello platy...

The best flakes I've used are called "Tetra Crisps". I believe I have the name right. I feed these to my Fancy Guppies along with some other foods.

If you have fry you're feeding, then you can put these crisps in a sandwich bag and roll a rolling pin over the bag a few times. You have instant fry food. I feed this a couple of times a day to my Fancy Guppy fry and they really do well with it.

B

thanks I think I will look into pellets because I have been having a problem with a lot of waste when it comes to flakes.

Back
Top Bottom