Which school should I add fish to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy2936

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
So in my 20g Community I have the following fish:

x6 Neon Tetras
x5 Orange Von Rio Flame Tetras
x4 Julii Cories
x3 Guppies
x2 Zebra Nerite Snails

According to AqAdvisor, my tank is at 96%.* I would like to take the opportunity to add a fish or two to one of the schools (or shoal). I don't want to add any more snails or Guppies, so that leaves the Neons, Rios, and Cories.

Which school/shoal do you think I should add to? Opinions/suggestions appreciated. :)

*P.S. I understand that AqAdvisor can be conservative and water changes/filter/personal expertise should be taken into consideration but I have overtime figured out what I am comfortable with and what works best for me, which is a tank at or just under AqAdvisor's 100%.

mandy2936 said:
Hi,

x6 Neon Tetras
x4 Julii Cories
x3 Guppies
x2 Zebra Nerite Snails

According to AqAdvisor, my tank is at 96%.* I would like to take the opportunity to add a fish or two to one of the schools (or shoal). I don't want to add any more snails or Guppies, so that leaves the Neons, Rios, and Cories.

Which school/shoal do you think I should add to? Opinions/suggestions appreciated. :)

*P.S. I understand that AqAdvisor can be conservative and water changes/filter/personal expertise should be taken into consideration but I have overtime figured out what I am comfortable with and what works best for me, which is a tank at or just under AqAdvisor's 100%.

Tetras or corries I would do neons cause I love the look of schoaling neons but the corries would love more friends

Hi,

x6 Neon Tetras
x4 Julii Cories
x3 Guppies
x2 Zebra Nerite Snails

What filter are you running?

I would add one more von rio. If it's a 20L you could add 2 more julii, but if it's a 20H I would probably stick with the 4.

What filter are you running?

I would add one more von rio. If it's a 20L you could add 2 more julii, but if it's a 20H I would probably stick with the 4.

It's a 20H. And I am using an AquaClear 30... I can't remember but I believe I am at a 99-105% filter capacity, so looks good. Also, I do a 40% (give or take a gallon) PWC each week.

Back
Top Bottom