Which Stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am soon going to have an open 10g (I am taking the betta in it and moving it to the 5g in the kitchen!) and so I am figuring out which stock to put in it!

I have two options on hand that I could do:

Dwarf Puffers (I have one and could get another)
or
Least Killies and Shrimp (probably RCS and Tigers) (have these in a 5.5 but could upgrade and get the tigers and a few more killies)

The tank currently is not very decorated but I am heading to the LFS on Thursday to pick up quite a few more plants. Any opinions on the plants to get or anything else?

Should I just ditch both of these ideas and do something else? I don't want to do salt, just a FYI. But pricing doesn't really matter (unless you're talking about the rare $500 .5" fish... then that is not an option;))

:thanks:

Tank picture:
img_2502799_0_b7846add582caf623347dc332bcabb68.jpg

Do the parents take care of the fry? Also, what size tank should I use.

I bred multies, which I am guessing are almost the same as the ones listed here, breeding wise. The females do look after the fry. They watch after the eggs in the shell and then once free swimming, she keeps them close to the shell. If a male decides he wants one as a snack and comes towards them then they will all dart into the shell. Once the fry get big enough they'll go find shells of their own. I bred them in a ten gallon tank, but I would recommend something like a 20 long, that way the colony has plenty if space to expand. I got away with the ten because I just sold the fry after a while, so my colony didn't get too big. Make sure there are lots of shells in the tank too

Back
Top Bottom