Which would be better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a new saltwater aquarium and was wondering what would be better for me. I am on a tight budget but think I can make it through the beginning stages and be okay after. My parents told me I could have it in the basement so there isnt really a size limit. I know that bigger is better but on a budget of about 50$ a month, what would be ideal?

The upkeep isnt the expensive part it's the initial investment. :-(

I also would say bigger is better as far as stability in the tank, BUT then your looking at higher start up costs.

Are you planning corals or just fish? If you are going just fish do you ever see yourself wanting corals? That will dictate your lighting and stock list.

I am going to start with a fowlr but move to reef shortly after. I will be doing mid light corals and softies. I really want moonlights or actinics but it doesn't have to be soon. I am getting a pretty good amount of cash for the next 3 months and will be able to buy a nice aquarium. I kind of want it to be less than 75 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom