white bump on cardinal tetra's head ~ swimming erratically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markie7882

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,

This morning I got up and checked on the fish, and saw one cardinal tetra swimming erratically. When I say erratically, I mean he would do flips, spins, and then stop and float for a bit and then do the same thing. After a while the cardinal seemed to just chill near some plants and just hover for a bit. I looked closer and could only see a small white bump on the top of his head. Obviously I'm thinking it might be ich, but I thought ich was a bunch of little white dots. Aka the whole rolling the fish in salt look. In any case ~ I've attached a picture of the fish.

Now my water parameters are all 0 and nitrates are at about 10. GH is at about 70ppm. pH - 7.4

I feed the fish hikari micro wafers and then omega one frozen baby brine. Other tank mates are other community peaceful fish and some cory's/oto's

Attachments

• tetrabump.jpg
    tetrabump.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 122
i suggest getting some aquarium salt. NOT marine salt. freshwater salt. Add a dosage of that and see if that does the trick. If it is ick it'll go away. If it isn't ick it'll just add some nutrients and vitamins that'll encourage the colors and health of the fish.

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom