White cloudy water....what the hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gohabs9

Aquarium Advice Regular
my tank was fine today at 1 oclock, i came home at 5 and it was soo cloudy i couldnt even see my fish,

what is this?
wat can i do to clear it up?

heres what i see....
IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG
[/img]

Ok... first, how long has your tank been set up? What are your water parmeter? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate... How many fish do you have? what kind of filtration?

the tank has been up for over a year with no problems, and i have angles, plecs and some gouramis

The tank looks like it has algae growing all over the glass... maybe you should try cleaning your glass and doing a water change... how often do you currently do water changes? What are your readings of Nitrate, Ammonia, Nitrite?

That looks like green water to me; an algae bloom. Change lots of water over the next few days and cut the lights.

ok, thanks
i have an slimy green algee growing, it took over the string algea about 1 month ago, but no bloom like this, i expected it was an algea bloom, i will change the water over the next few days, i change thee water once/week.

do you have a test kit? what sort of filter do you run? it will really help us to help you if you give us more of an idea of what your tank is like.

Back
Top Bottom