white critters on the glass PICS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mghslowell

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok kiddies. i need some identification i have several little white spots on my glass and floating in the water. they look like little specs but when i look close they are animals. wondering if they are copopods ?
i had a manderin for the longest time untill a ich infiltration took his life 3 weeks ago.

ill post a pic soon of this white little animals.

stuff1.jpg

stuff2.jpg

if they qare copopods i guess i am in luck ! finaly life in the tank ! prob dueto excellent water conditions and little fuges in my HOB filter and a fuge inline in the skimmer output excellent !

i agree that they are copepods....i guess after you lost the mandarin they started reproducing like crazy! it was like that for me untill a month ago when i added 9 blue green chromis in my tank. they seem to devour all of them they even pick them off the glass. but at least i dont have to feed them. i only feed them once a week since they get their food from the rock and glass. mine reproduce like mad in the fuge and its a constant supply for my fish. congrats you have a pod farm now!

Back
Top Bottom