white devil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amesdrew

Aquarium Advice Activist
Apparently my lfs had a rare white devil. Just thought I share it with everyone, I believe it was trying to eat the common pleco next to it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110821_174245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110821_174245.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20110821_174254.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110821_174254.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 88
They are not rare at all since Red Devil/Midas come in white, orange, yellow, red, or black plus most will morph colors throughout their lives. If they are charging anything extra for that fish being white then they are crooks.

Probably crooks then. It was $100, cool fish anyways. The way it acted I wouldn't have put any other fish in with it, even if it was a huge tank.

This is at Pruess Pets in Lansing if I'm not mistaken.
They may have mis-took this fish for a different one, but it is an adult, which my contribute to the price.
The store has been nothing but fantastic for my visits, and is by far the best fish store in mid-MI

I like the place to but they do charge to much for fish and certain supplies. But they are the best place within a hour of lansing.

Nice lookin fish. I've never seen a white devil ;) they are pretty

Mogurako said:
Even for an adult that is a steep price, I agree with HUKIT they are just trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes.

Unfortunately... Im sure this happens a lot... Especially to us newbs

That's why you do research though, and talk to your friends on AA. Even the best mom and pop fish stores have a bottom line. Unfortunately, we are all dollar signs, and that's why this site is awesome.

100 bucks? sheesh - that is just one color morph of the citrinellum/labiatum/Z(something I can't remember) complex. Hint - most red devils are NOT red.

Back
Top Bottom