White like bump/ pimple on goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone let me know whats going on here ? Huge white thing sticking out of fish side this morning?

Happy new year everyone

Attachments

• image-2770560680.jpg
    image-2770560680.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,032
Update white bump is now gone looks like this now... Any ideas ? fishes are acting like normal... Just now in the spot of the white stuff it look like a red healing wound...

Attachments

• image-3050071204.jpg
    image-3050071204.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 735
Welcome to AA!!! That bump was very strange. Did it move at all? It almost looks like some type of worm sticking out. I would suggest dosing with a theraputic level of aquarium salt & watching him very closely to see if anything else pops out. If it does, let us know & we will figure out the best course of treatment.

When I used to have goldfish, this started to happen to them off and on- truly yucky looking - and it would clear up after treating them with melafix. I didn't know about aquarium salt back then... And I'll tell you that it always came on after using one of those "vacation" fish feeder doohickies. Now that I have learned a LOT more about water quality and how important it is I would definitely attribute it to bad water quality. I had 3 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank- which I now know was a major problem right there!

See if the aquarium salt and regular water changes - those goldfish need it more often than others-- keeps it from coming back.

Hopefully someone else here can actually identify it!

Thx for the help, no it did not move it kind of looked like " flesh " weird... Will keep u posted thx again for reply

Can i ask what size tank he in & if he has any tank mates? Do you test your water for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates? How do these numbers look?

Did a 70 percent water change and everything went away fishes have been doing great so far and wound is healed... Thx for your help people

Bad news guyssss !
The fish that had the white bump looks like hes going to fish heaven ! Hes gasping at the bottom of the tank and on his side :-( the other one is just fine... I checked water ph amonia ect... Everything looks just like usual did a 30 percent water change just to see if that would help...
Fingers are crossed but hes not looking to good... I know its just a fish but watching him gasping or air at the bottom of the thank is messed up should i just take him out of his misery ???

Im so sorry about your guy! If he is suffering unduly & there doesnt appear to be any chance of recovery, you should consider euthanizing him rather than letting him suffer. This is your decision to make. :(

Hmm thats strange. Maybe some kind of external parasite? like a huge one or a ball of something. Thats too bad that he dying. I would put him out of his misery if its that bad.

Back
Top Bottom