White skirt tetras and glo skirt tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I put white and glo skirt tetras in a 30 gallon community tank with 2 guppies, 1 swordtail, 1 blue powder gourami, and 5 Cory's. I'm looking at getting 3 of each tetra and hoping that they school together since they are the same, besides color. Will they be fin nippy towards the guppies?

Skirt tetras can be jerks, I would be willing to guess they will harass the guppies. However for future reference, the 'glo'fish should school with their naturally-colored counterparts.

Skirt tetras can be jerks, I would be willing to guess they will harass the guppies. However for future reference, the 'glo'fish should school with their naturally-colored counterparts.

Ok. I will rehome my 2 guppies in to my 10 gallon! Will the skirts be fine with my other stock?

Are the glo zebra danios a better option to go in a peaceful community tank?

Are the glo zebra danios a better option to go in a peaceful community tank?

I agree with what was said about the tetras sometimes being jerks. I think the gourami and cories wouldn't have any trouble but the guppies and swords might.
I would say that the danios probably are a better choice if what you are looking for is something peaceful. You will need to get quite a few of them to keep them happy but atleast that means you can have all sorts of colors :)

I agree with what was said about the tetras sometimes being jerks. I think the gourami and cories wouldn't have any trouble but the guppies and swords might.
I would say that the danios probably are a better choice if what you are looking for is something peaceful. You will need to get quite a few of them to keep them happy but atleast that means you can have all sorts of colors :)

Thank you! Looks like its going to be the danios! How many should I get?

Also will regular zebra danios school with the glo danios?

Also will regular zebra danios school with the glo danios?

I would say atleast six the more the better. Zebra danios and glo danios are very closely related so i wouldn't see why they wouldn't school together my guess is that they do.

I would say atleast six the more the better. Zebra danios and glo danios are very closely related so i wouldn't see why they wouldn't school together my guess is that they do.

So closely related, they're the same :cool:

Any 'glo'fish you see is a regular fish injected with a jellyfish gene, with the price raised 500% =P But in all seriousness, glo danios are about $5 while regular zebra danios are about $1.

Well there are always other fish to choose from glofish seem to have health issues.

You could look at other danio species there are a few really neat ones.

Killifish i used to have some golden killifish with my guppies. And you can order a pack of hundreds of eggs with a variety of species right off ebay for like 17 bucks or less and they work!!

Rasboras

Other tetras the xray tetras are pretty interesting

Endlers guppies are really cool too.

Kuhli loaches

Rainbow fish i found this pic of threadfin rainbowfish i think they are so cool

Threadfin+rainbowfish+2.jpeg

There really are quite a few options you could go with

Back
Top Bottom