Who is eating my plants?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright before I put my stock list down I know that people are going to cry about what I have living together but let me tell you that these fish have been living together for a while and I have had 0 aggression problems and at the first sign of aggression there will be some rearranging of tank stock. That goes for their size too

Ok so I have a 50 gallon newly planted tank and someone has been devouring my Jungle Val and Wisteria. In my tank I have

2 Boesamani Rainbows
1 Australian Rainbow
1 Turqoise Rainbow
1 Madagascar Rainbow
1 African Leaf Fish
1 Brown Knife Fish
2 German Blue Rams
3 Clown Loaches
1 Red Tail Shark
2 Black Skirt Tetras
1 Indian Glass Fish
2 Platys
1 Albino Bristle Nose Pleco
1 Common Pleco
1 Chinese Algae Eater

Ok so who dun it? I have noticed that the rainbows have been pooping out plant matter but Im not sure if they are the ones actually ripping them up or if they just end up eating the pieces that are floating

Rainbow fish actually will nibble on plants and sometimes but not often platies will also. Do you have any platy fry in the tank? If so and they are in the plants being eaten it could be from fish nipping to catch fry and not eating the plants. Pleco's and clown loaches can uproot plants and clowns loaches often like to put holes in plants with larger leaves like sword plants.

Back
Top Bottom