Who killed my guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killifish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, while I was away my boyfriend decided to move my new guppy into a 29 gallon tank with 3 small angelfish and 4 dwarf cichlids, and when I came back a couple hours later I found my guppy dead with his tail ripped off. Which fish or fishes do you guys think killed my guppy? The 3 angelfish are very small (1 inch max) and the dwarf cichlids (a pair of blue rams and a pair of kribensis) are about 2 inches. There is also a school of cardinal tetras in the same tank. Are the tetras in danger too? Should I move them? Thanks for the help.

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I had a hunch that it was them. Do you think the tetras are safe? I feel like they might be fast enough but I’m not sure.

Hard to tell with cichlids. Depends on your specific cichlids temperament. You could experiment if you're ok with some fish loss. I've found that full bodied schooling fish seem to do ok with small to medium sized cichlids. The more slender type of schooling fish seem to get attacked or eaten. Not always the case but probable.

Back
Top Bottom