whts wrong with anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
title says all it had trandparnt leaves some are gaining color the stalk is a light green kinda gaining color whts going on

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
title says all it had trandparnt leaves some are gaining color the stalk is a light green kinda gaining color whts going on

Are you dosing your tank with anything? I've heard that Flourish Excel will burn (?) them and vals. I use FE, but take some tank water, mix the FE in and pour it around my tank and haven't had any burning (?) Yet.

Anacharis is pretty bullet proof, and I swear it'd grow in my closet lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
no ferts no anything...my filter intake chewed it up mybplants got uprooted but that was 2 weeks ago

Are you a water parameters okay?

Mine get uprooted, chewed on, you name it and they just keep growing. My Moors love them and when some get too beat up, I trim the dead parts off and the rest grow bigger.

What kind of lighting?

my kit ran out i need to order another from Amazon its cheaper there last reading
ammo 0
nitrate 5
nitrite 0 i may have flipped yhe nitrate nitrite i can't rember wich onr is the one that builds over time ands toxic in small amounts

and lighting is onr the riight side ( added sunday) a 15w cfl 4100k left a 15w incan my anachatis was doin ok in it i moved my marimo and most of the 4 sprigs of anacharis i have left and my anubias i added

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
and lighting is onr the riight side ( added sunday) a 15w cfl 4100k left a 15w incan my anachatis was doin ok in it i moved my marimo and most of the 4 sprigs of anacharis i have left and my anubias i added

For plants, 5000K - 6700K are best IMHO. The incandescent light will do nothing for your plants. Water seems fine and some no3 is good because plants use it.

If it were me, I'd go get a couple of grow bulbs at walmart. Doesn't need to be aquarium grade, go into the plant section because it's the same thing but maybe a better price.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
will it melt the acrylic splash guard

Whatever the wattage rating is for your light fixture, get that rating. The K is kelvin and has nothing to do with the watts. So if (sounds like) it's rated for 15w get 2 - 15w, 5000K - 6700K fluorescent CFL.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
and is 4100k close enough my anacharis did well my filter just anhiliated it

It's outside (below) what I know to be in the correct color spectrum. IMO it's not enough, especially since you only have one.

well i havr the sscrewin hood im sure you guessed that by now so i can only handle 25w per socket and im 14 so its hard to just get up n go plus cash is issue and to make a long list longer walmart i haven't seen the kelvin rateing on alot of bulbs ive looked at

I had my anacharis look similar to that when it was recently propagated around my shrimp tank. It will usually fortify its color once it grows more roots and gets a little taller.

If you're worried about nutrients, you could get a bottle of regular Flourish - should last quite a while on a smaller tank like yours.

Mr. Limpet said:
It's outside (below) what I know to be in the correct color spectrum. IMO it's not enough, especially since you only have one.

its a step up from a incan at least the 15w cfl is equal to a 55w incan the wattage dont really matter though just thought id share

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
well i havr the sscrewin hood im sure you guessed that by now so i can only handle 25w per socket and im 14 so its hard to just get up n go plus cash is issue and to make a long list longer walmart i haven't seen the kelvin rateing on alot of bulbs ive looked at

Even as an adult, that's an issue with this hobby lol.

A 25w CFL is going to produce a lot less heat that a regular light bulb and that's why they put a limit on wattage. If you go to the plant dept. you'll see them with K ratings.

Vircomore said:
I had my anacharis look similar to that when it was recently propagated around my shrimp tank. It will usually fortify its color once it grows more roots and gets a little taller.

If you're worried about nutrients, you could get a bottle of regular Flourish - should last quite a while on a smaller tank like yours.

the first posted pic shares a common base the color has been off for a week or two my marimo looks fine

Back
Top Bottom