Why can't I get Img to work in posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

majolo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't get the Img button in posting to work, like so:
284804908_4b99ff74a0.jpg

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that, under options, it says HTML is OFF, and there is no way I see to turn it on. I have repeatedly checked that my profile has "allow HTML" checked as yes. I'm also puzzled that I seem to be able to do basic font things like this.

Help! I'm using Firefox 1.0.7, if that's relevant.

You must use the image to link to a direct image. Your URL has a vairable on the end so its not a direct image link. This is a security feature to keep someone from executing a script via the image tag.

Allow HTML is disabled site wide so your profile setting does nothing. In addition the codes your using is not HTML but BBCODE which is a form of formating common to message boards. The bbcode is heavily sanitized to only accept prodecitable input.

If you need a webhost that supports direct linking of images look in my signature.

You may need to upload your pictures to another photo engine, like Photobucket, to be able to add the tags. They give you an [img] code to use so your pic shows up.

You could always just post it as a URL

[url]http://static.flickr.com/48/284804908_4b99ff74a0.jpg?v=0[/url]

so everyone can click on it.

Nice pic, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom