Why did my fish die??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I have a tank with
1 corydora
3 glofish
1 three-spot gourami
And I xray fish.

My levels are great (my ph is a little bit high at 7.8 but have been putting ph decrease to lower). All of my fish look healthy and swim happily.

The x-ray fish (which we named spirit) was our newest fish. We have had it about a week. It was doing great. None of the fish were bothering it. It looked healthy and swam all around the tank. I got home tonight, and it was laying dead in one of my plants. Any ideas what could have happened?

How big is the tank? What are the exact parameters?

My guess is that pH down your adding. Does more harm than good because not only does it cause sudden pH swings but also has toxic chemicals in it that are harmful to fish.

Also, x-ray tetras need to be in schools so that's definitely a contributing factor.

bruinsbro1997 said:
How big is the tank? What are the exact parameters?

My guess is that pH down your adding. Does more harm than good because not only does it cause sudden pH swings but also has toxic chemicals in it that are harmful to fish.

Also, x-ray tetras need to be in schools so that's definitely a contributing factor.

How can I get the ph down without using the chemicals?

Back
Top Bottom