Why do fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, for a lot of different reasons. One reason could be that they are itchy, and this could be due to ich. Have you inspected closely for any white spots? If not, then I've also noticed the behavior with my peacock gudgeon when it was mad about having its nest moved, so it could be sign of aggression.

Umm... I don't think they're supposed to do that... That could be flashing... Do they have white salt looking dots on their backs?

I think that some fish do it for fun, though, as my female gudgeon liked to rub on a rock for a bit, but then stopped, and had no ich or anything!

Its not ich they didn't do it when I had fake plants it started when I put in live plants

To be honest, I think they're probably happy to see them. Fish can't necessarily rub against fake plants because their scales or fins might be injured. You should be happy that they're enjoying your new plants!

I don't think it's bad, especially since real plants won't injure them. But as always, make sure to keep an eye on parameters, and any other unusual behavior. =]

New plant come lots of Time with parasite. Not all parasite are visible as the common ich. Scratching is almost never a good sign.

Watch it very closely for a week at least and more and if something happen look my post on" my goldfish ich" thread and look for That recepe, very efficient, but medication is on last try.
Start first with salt and put up temperature (1 or 2 celcius max) to a Max of 29-30 degree.
Thank

In the case of something like skin flukes, you will see flashing but not see the parasite itself, as you'd need to do a scraping and look under a microscope to see them.

Sry haven't replied been trying to stock another tank no they aren't doing it I think they just might like the new live plants lol

Back
Top Bottom