Why do my fish keep getting sick/dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbseven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:( 1 yellow tang got black ich. It looked like it went away then he looks like he had internal bleeding then he died. Now my Banggi Cardinal looks like he has those same red patchs internal and now he is swimming in circles to the top then dropping hard to the ground. He is "breathing" hard and going into like shock now. 8O 8O 8O I dont know what too do. I test my water daily and brought it somewhere to make sure I was okay and I am. He is in a 30 gallon with a small clown + lr. The clown is 100% fine. I moved him to my 10 gallon qt tank just incase.

""Tank up for 6 months
ammonia=0,
nitrites=0
nitrates=10
temp=79
pH=8.2

I searched around here could this be my issue.

"It is probable someone used an aerosol in the house. Any aerosol can cause a reaction like this, just some more than others. Carpet fresh, room deodorizers, air fresheners, furniture polish, bug spray... you get the idea. The products in question do not even need to be sprayed in the same room to be a problem. Central heat and air will spread it around everywhere. Aerosols contain toxic metals."

If it were toxins in the tank, I would think the clownfish would be having issues as well.
How long have you had these fish? How did you acclimate them? Are you buying them from the same source/lfs?

Did you follow the treatment on the yellow tang that we gave you on the last post when you first discovered the ick.

melosu58 said:
Did you follow the treatment on the yellow tang that we gave you on the last post when you first discovered the ick.
yes the ich went away. Then he got something else

Back
Top Bottom