Why does my water look like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathenrauch

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a brand new aquan 55/75 on my 55 gallon what can I do to clear this up?

Attachments

• image-789416041.jpg
    image-789416041.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image-4226348777.jpg
    image-4226348777.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 103
Was the tank clear before the new filter? Is it a new tank? If an established tank, did you save the old filter media and put in the new filter? If you didn't you've lost 90% of your BB and are going through a mini cycle. Watch you ammo closely. OS.

When you say brand new did you cycle the tank? What are your levels? It's one of 2 things. either you are having a bacterial bloom, or an ammo spike. But with it being a new set-up I am leaning toward an ammo spike.

It was a crystal clear tank and I put some of the old media into the back of the filter but It was hard because I had 2 fluval 405 canisters on it now it's just this one

When you say brand new did you cycle the tank? What are your levels? It's one of 2 things. either you are having a bacterial bloom, or an ammo spike. But with it being a new set-up I am leaning toward an ammo spike.
and it's a existing tank new filter

Did you add any new media packs of any kind. Like a Purigen pack or something? Sometimes even though rinsed, some will have super fine solids that go into the tank. Too fine for the filter to get out. IF it is an inorganic cloudiness, you can dose with API Accu-Clear. It's a flocculant that makes the fines clump together big enough for the filter to get. It's safe and you usually only have to do it once. Then, if the cloudiness does not go away, you know it's biological and can deal with it as such. OS.

Have you done any Ammonia/Nitrite tests yet?

The green dots are presumably just green spot algae, check your nitrates too in that case.

Back
Top Bottom