Why isn't my cycled done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I agree you are *almost* done, so so so close!!

BUUUUT dose it back to 4ppm, test exactly 24 hours later, and if ammonia and nitrites are 0 then it is definitely done.
You could have a day or two left of the nitrite bacteria doubling but you are seriously soooooo close. so so so close (at least you know and can feel the end is NEAR AT LAST)

Of course if this zeroing out is from dosing 4ppm yesterday then I agree you are done!

When you have a full clear in 24 hours then do the biggest WC you have and stock your tank!! And pat yourself on the back for your patience!

Can I get a hell yeahhh !!! What was the overall fix for you? I'm dealing with my own nitrite spike & low ammonia & nitrate levels so I feel your frustration

The big fix that did it was just the huge water changes. It got my tank going. I was dosing to much ammonia and I stalled out the tank. I ordered fish today that should be here Monday( poss tues) so I still have 2 or 3 days of building the bacteria

God forbid I do have to wait a day or 2 extra I have an already cycled 30 gal for them to chill in til it's ready

Looking good. Do stock slowly though. The BB are present but will need to grow with the loading fish present. I made the mistake of thinking a cycled tank could take a large stocking level and ammonia and nitrite went through the roof. I now know better thanks to AA. GOOD LUCK.

Looking good. Do stock slowly though. The BB are present but will need to grow with the loading fish present. I made the mistake of thinking a cycled tank could take a large stocking level and ammonia and nitrite went through the roof. I now know better thanks to AA. GOOD LUCK.
I disagree with this, OP built to 4ppm which is far more than any fish stock can produce.
If 4ppm is cleared in 24 hours, anything can be stocked (within a reasonable stocking level)

I ordered 5 cichlids. I'm going to add them 5 at a time in mini cycles just to make sure that I do not run into problems

Fishless cycling actually takes up less time than fish in, generally.

This is so true about fish-less cycling my 5.5 is not cycled yet ( fish in--)… with two 50% PWC a day meh…
However, my 56g. is almost cycled… thanks to this thread.
All in all, I will not hijack this thread…. however, her advice is working...:whistle::flowers::cool:...:lol::cool:

Fishless cycling actually takes up less time than fish in, generally.

This is so true about fish-in cycling my 5.5 is not cycled yet ( fish in--)… with two 50% PWC a day meh…
However, my 56g. is almost cycled… thanks to this thread.
All in all, I will not hijack this thread…. however, her advice is working...:whistle::flowers::cool:...:lol::cool:

Yep I hope everyone having a problem reads this because the advice in this is amazing

So I waited 24 hours with the 4 ppm and my nitrite isn't clear but it's not maxed either. Is guess between .5 and 1 but that's better than 5. Should I dose it back up to 4 ppm or just add some fish food and wait til it's 0 and than dose it again

All done! I added 5 fish today and adding 5 more at the end of the week and than 5 more much later

Back
Top Bottom