why no babies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ankit123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my guppies always are pregnant but they are not giving babies.i did a lot of research about "is my guppy pregnant?" and according to it they are. the stomach is big till morning of 3rd week but after i come back from work the bellies are much small.my tank also has 5 plants.

Sounds like they are getting ate by the parents or tankmates. Sucked up the filter can happen as well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like they are getting ate by the parents or tankmates. Sucked up the filter can happen as well.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree. Parents eating them or the filter. Are there other fish in the tank? They may be eating the fry also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 2 male and 2 female guppies.only these 4 guppies. My 1male and 1female died 3 day ago because of cold as we had an power outage. due to algae problem I also had to add a pleco yesterday.no filter problem because I don't have one .plants are my filter.

Plecos need warm tanks depending on what kind you purchased. Usually 70 to 72 is the minimum for the plecos and some like it at 80 degree

Brenna

It is a common pleco. I know they grow large and are not good for planted tank but it was the only algae eater the store had

They gave babies. But I could catch only 2 of them.others were eaten.

either lots of moss/plants or a breeder trap with a V for the babies to fall into. Be careful what you with for though, they can quickly take over a tank and sometimes natural selection is the best way to go.

One of them got lost somewhere! On the 6th day morning when I went to feed them there was only on fry in the breeder box.the box was a "boyu net breeder for aquarium model NB-3201".

Back
Top Bottom