why people think they can have goldfish in a 2 gallon tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Unfortunately, laws protecting animals in the US are not very strong. They generally only protect cute/fuzzy animals, or animals valuable for food. There are no laws setting acceptable minimum standards to keep fish.

yeah i know, its crazy

the funny part is when people dont understand why they cant keep fish alive and they have like 3 goldfish in a bowl lol

I know, seriously. It doesn't make any sense for a fish company to sell a tank and overstock it at the same time.
Personally, I don't think anything can live in a 1 gallon. I don't even know why they are sold. Same goes for 2 gallons, I prefer my Bettas to be in 4 gallons heated and filtered.

there are 2 uses for bowls:
- change jar
- put plants in it

I know you can't dog fight but you can betta fight. I heard they passed new pet laws in Switzerland or somewhere one of them was all home aquariums must have non-transparent backgrounds and a bunch of other reptile and aquarium stuff. US fish laws, fish must be kept I'm conditioned water lol! I wonder about the Canadian pet laws!
:(

Unfortunately, laws protecting animals in the US are not very strong. They generally only protect cute/fuzzy animals, or animals valuable for food. There are no laws setting acceptable minimum standards to keep fish.

Switzerland or somewhere one of them was all home aquariums must have non-transparent backgrounds
laws they cant really control and very insane....

laws isnt the answer education is. making threads is like preaching to the choir... time spent writing to the companies who make them and the people who sell them along with educating people when you are at the lfs is much useful time wise.

I know, I was just trying to say they do have some fish laws. It's not the most important thing but it isnt insane, being exposed through all sides of the tank is stressful and adding a background gives them more comfort. I agree there not going to go knocking on your door inspecting your background and arresting you for it.
laws they cant really control and very insane....

laws isnt the answer education is. making threads is like preaching to the choir... time spent writing to the companies who make them and the people who sell them along with educating people when you are at the lfs is much useful time wise.

I was being sarcastic trying to show you there really aren't any home aquarium laws in Missouri other than probably no brands like they must be kept in water.
Do you have any evidence of this? To be honest I absolutely do not believe you. Many aquarium systems don't require water conditioner of any kind.

My friend got a goldfish in a bowl for their one year old daughter. I told her it'd last a week and she laughed. It lasted 4 days. When I told her I could set up a nice 5 gallon with a betta for her she said she didn't want to do any maintenance. She then asked if I wanted her dog...

My friend got a goldfish in a bowl for their one year old daughter. I told her it'd last a week and she laughed. It lasted 4 days. When I told her I could set up a nice 5 gallon with a betta for her she said she didn't want to do any maintenance. She then asked if I wanted her dog...

gosh, that's awful.
People like that realy shouldn't have pets.

That's like my sister she went out and bought a .50g "betta kit" for 30 dollars when I told her she could buy a 5g with penguin powerfilter, heater and lights because our store was having a big sale on aquarium kits and she said no I don't want to do all that work and the worker said they don't like large spaces it makes them scared that's why all the Berta tanks are Soo small lol!
gosh, that's awful.
People like that realy shouldn't have pets.

I know, I was just trying to say they do have some fish laws. It's not the most important thing but it isnt insane, being exposed through all sides of the tank is stressful and adding a background gives them more comfort. I agree there not going to go knocking on your door inspecting your background and arresting you for it.
you or someone posted that before and wanted to know where they get that info before. i think its bs a back ground gives them more comfort.

it is insane because the only way they can enforce something like that is go house by house. useless laws that does nothing but make some politician feel good i dont believe is the answer.

I agree it's not the answer, it's not like there going to go door to door inspecting backgrounds and arresting people for it. But I still believe something as simple as a non-transparent background can give fish extra comfort, I didn't post this though I think somebody asked it and I did some research about it.
you or someone posted that before and wanted to know where they get that info before. i think its bs a back ground gives them more comfort.

it is insane because the only way they can enforce something like that is go house by house. useless laws that does nothing but make some politician feel good i dont believe is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom