why wont lurch eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaponic cowboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I made my Jack Dempsey a cave a few days ago and now he hardly ever wants to come out and hasn't eaten much at all. What's up?

Attachments

• image-3225516962.jpg
    image-3225516962.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 107
How long ago did you rearrange the tank? My jd throws a temper tantrum every time I move anything. She eventually goes back to normal. Try putting in some live food to tempt him. Mine love love love any sort of bug or warm. Her favorite is ghost shrimp.

Thanks for the reply. Lurch is now scared of anything that moves outside of his tank. He used to watch my everymove and follow me around the room :( I never thought I could love a fish.

I got him to come up for a bite last night then the wife scared him when she entered the room. I've tried feeder fish that have actually gotten right in his face and...nothing. I have to yank them out and throw them into Thing's tank (tiger Oscar).

Take away the cave and risk more stress or give him more time. Day 5.

Well lurch was front and center this morning. Took food from my hand like usual but only had a few then retreated back to his cave...

Hi possibly waiting for a mate to appear? Strange one, most fish are more adventurous once they feel more secure?

Back
Top Bottom