Wierd expierence with neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so about 2 weeks ago I bought 5 neon tetras I waited a week all seemed fine so I bought 5 more then the week I bought em one by one they got sick I guess only one had visible symptoms which was white fuzz around it's eye and it died 4 more died leaving what I believe to be the original 5 plus probably a healthy one from the second batch
Can anyone explain what this was? Did I just get an unhealthy batch or something?

Sounds like it. Is your tank cycled? What are your ammonia, nitrite,nitrate readings? Water change schedule? If your tank is cycled and has good parameters and you keep up with maintenance then it was probably bad stock.

librarygirl said:
Sounds like it. Is your tank cycled? What are your ammonia, nitrite,nitrate readings? Water change schedule? If your tank is cycled and has good parameters and you keep up with maintenance then it was probably bad stock.

Yes tank was cycled I planted some plants waited for them to grow before I got the fish went to lps got water checked said it was great and ready for fish I do a 15% water change it's only a 10 gallon and the corys and original tetras were doing great
But now idk what to do I still wanna buy 4 more and the sale ends at the end of the month I don't have much money to buy a school at regular price

I would talk to the LPS and tell them what happened and see if they can work a deal for you.

GodFan said:
I would talk to the LPS and tell them what happened and see if they can work a deal for you.

They have a 2 week guarantee which is still going on so I could either get 4 more or just get the money
The thing is that idk exactly how safe it would be getting 4 more now

Tell them and see if they will hold the sale for you.

Back
Top Bottom