Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So... im gonna try 2 breed angels, had a big beautiful male who had paired with my female... the day before i went and got 5 more probable females for him he had a freak out and ended up bashing his head off the tank so hard he died the next day... but i still got the others as when i left 2 get them he was swimming fine only 2 come home 2 him dead in the middle of the tank... so now i have 2 that have paired off, a silver that is def female, and a tiger striped marble that i think MAY be male, but i cant decide as others have said female and i havent caught them in the act yet... here are some pics... if you guys could let me know what you think so i can decide if i have 2 go get a male or not...last pic is the know female of the pair

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130408_092331.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_092331.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20130408_092341.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_092341.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20130408_092430.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130408_092430.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 67
well karay i usually leave them together as long as they are not causing damage to each other. if they start niping fins off i usualy seperate them for a week and rearange the tank and reintroduce them agian with the lights off at night. also make sure theres tall plants cause they feel more secure that way.

the seals in glass heaters wear out over time and this will happen and also any slight crack will cause this also. i make sure the top of my heaters are always above the water line just as a precaution. i have actualy had a large heater get moisture in it and explode in the tank and it was strong enough to bust the back glass in the tank and omg what a mess i had in the morning. thank god the angels were still alive , not shure how but they were lol. so i do NOT take chances with heaters any more. better to replace 1 heater than a whole tank and fish.

Bob, u and shay both say female, but tigger has been courting another also so im really thinking, and hoping, male...

So... im gonna try 2 breed angels, had a big beautiful male who had paired with my female... the day before i went and got 5 more probable females for him he had a freak out and ended up bashing his head off the tank so hard he died the next day... but i still got the others as when i left 2 get them he was swimming fine only 2 come home 2 him dead in the middle of the tank... so now i have 2 that have paired off, a silver that is def female, and a tiger striped marble that i think MAY be male, but i cant decide as others have said female and i havent caught them in the act yet... here are some pics... if you guys could let me know what you think so i can decide if i have 2 go get a male or not...last pic is the know female of the pair

What do you mean by "haven't caught them in the act yet"? Are you referring to them spawning?

well karay i usually leave them together as long as they are not causing damage to each other. if they start niping fins off i usualy seperate them for a week and rearange the tank and reintroduce them agian with the lights off at night. also make sure theres tall plants cause they feel more secure that way.

Which one do you pull. The nippie or the nipper?

I've been following this thread and saw that someone near me is selling their paired angelfish....

A hundred bucks a pair.... °-°'

His fish...

3K33M63I85Nc5Ea5F6d48c7761930ae3e1779.jpeg

Yes bob, the marble is tigger... and i would totally pay 50 for the dark angel of the pair...

I've been following this thread and saw that someone near me is selling their paired angelfish....

A hundred bucks a pair.... °-°'

His fish...

View attachment 166042

2 questions:
1: What is the genetic makeup of these fish that the seller believes that they are worth $100 for the pair?

2: Is the price negotiable?

Feel fre to PM me if you want your answers more private ;)

They look like marbles 2 me... 1 is def a high percentage DD, but the other looks like 4 of mine...

2 questions:
1: What is the genetic makeup of these fish that the seller believes that they are worth $100 for the pair?

2: Is the price negotiable?

Feel fre to PM me if you want your answers more private ;)

He says they are descendents of wild strains but won't say how many generations ago that was... Price is non negotiable.... His goal is to sell the five pairs for a net total of 500.

They are only laying thirty eggs per spawn.

My new pair of silvers that just spawned may be natural parents. I decided to let them get a few spawns under their belts and left the eggs in with them. Since laying the eggs the numbers of course dwindled down as I figured they would. Yesterday morning I discovered all the wigglers were gone. Didn't think much of it though they still seemed to be in guard at the other side of the tank. Went to shut the light off last night and there they were again on the slate. The parents are moving them around the tank

He says they are descendents of wild strains but won't say how many generations ago that was... Price is non negotiable.... His goal is to sell the five pairs for a net total of 500.

They are only laying thirty eggs per spawn.

Okay. In truth, all the Angelfish on the market are decendants of wild strains. No real info given there. I wish him luck. The last pair of Angels I paid $100 for was a true red capped Angel. ( I believe they were some of the pre cursers to the Kois) Looked exactly like the red cap goldfish except was an Angel. Thanks for the info tho (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom