Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cool sounds like everyone is doing great. keep up the good work. always rember where theres gain theres always some loss. as far as pics i have 2 windows open and i drag the pic here to the reply box and drop..hit enter and go get another pic and drag and drop

Do these look like breeding tubes?

ForumRunner_20131030_183049.jpg

ForumRunner_20131030_183205.jpg

These are angels i got from lee gordon in new york. These are from his blue lines. If this is a pair im gonna be excited because this will be a great line. They were pushing other angels around in my 29 planted tank. They are also pecking and cleaning like my other pairs

Do these look like breeding tubes?

View attachment 205107

View attachment 205108

These are angels i got from lee gordon in new york. These are from his blue lines. If this is a pair im gonna be excited because this will be a great line. They were pushing other angels around in my 29 planted tank. They are also pecking and cleaning like my other pairs

Yes and no on the breeding tubes ;) Yes, they look like breeding tubes but NO, they are not fully extended so they are not ready to breed in the immediate future HOWEVER, the picking a cleaning is a sign that they should be spawning within a couple of days or so. This is a pic of my male Silver just after spawning occured. You can see in this pic how far out his tube still is even after the spawn.

The fish on the bottom of this pic is the female Silver. You can clearly see how far her tube is extended for spawning. : Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Andy Sager's Album: New Angelfish - Picture
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Andy Sager's Album: New Angelfish - Picture

Now, you need to be aware that the fish can extend their tubes at any moment and start spawning. With one pair, the female started laying eggs and then the male became excited enough to extend his wand and spread some magic :brows: That's why I use the length of the females tube as my indicator. I just use the length of the tubes as a guide to how long. Once I see them fully extended, I don't do anything to the tanks besides feed the fish cause spawning is just around the corner ;)

Hope this helps (y)

the little tube below the black line on there body is. see how skinny the top pic is and how fat the bottom fish is .. see the slight hump just behind the eyes in the first pic. and the smooth forehead in the second pic. possible pair

Thanks guys i got these fish at quarter size and i got them around july 4th at quarter size and now they are bigger but not fully grown. Ive watches my other spawning pairs but was very surprised when i caught them cleaning today and it explained the aggression in the big tank. So i put them in a 20 plant grow out tank last night. ill keep an eye on them because that picture was taken right after being fed. I truely hope i have a male and female to add to my spawning group.

Angelfish JUST laid eggs on my filter.. This is the first time.. No idea what to do... Will they get eaten if I just leave them?

I have tiger barbs, bumblebee gobies, roseline shark, corys, rams, and a decent size lace catfish who always hangs at the bottom of the filter..

image-1906270518.jpg

image-4042280850.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was the black one that laid them... Who I thought was male this whole time.. Her? Tube thing is sticking out rather far underneath her.

I have no idea bob. How do I know if they're even fertilized? I'm not even sure if one of them is male.... I've never had a fish lay eggs so anything would help.....

I HAVE EGGS!!!!! My two layed eggs today but they are eattung them i expected that as this is the first spawn. Idk if its a male and female yet but i know i have a female.

I HAVE EGGS!!!!! My two layed eggs today but they are eattung them i expected that as this is the first spawn. Idk if its a male and female yet but i know i have a female.

SEE, I told you the fish can "whip them out" at any moment and do their thing. :brows: :facepalm: Trying to time these things is at best a guess. LOL You see, my fish tend to extend their tubes the day before they spawn. If the pics you showed in your previous post were from yesterday, they shouldn't be spawning today (using a comparison to my fish.) But who says the fish read the book??? :lol:

You know the drill with first spawners. Nothing new here. You get both the excitement of a new pair and the disappointment of an unsuccessful spawn. But cheer up, more will be coming, questions will be answered, fry will need to be fed and you will need more tanks ;):D:ROFLMAO: (Sorry, I couldn't resist (y))

Finally got my pics off the camera.
Here is my Marble Pair, a pic of the female with her tube fully extended ( they spawned about an hour after I took this pic, a close up of the male and my 2 koi Angels in waiting ( They will be placed with another Koi if need be.)

Attachments

• Marble pair.jpg
    Marble pair.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Female Marble with tube.jpg
    Female Marble with tube.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Male Marble.jpg
    Male Marble.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Koi Angels in waiting.jpg
    Koi Angels in waiting.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 196
Yeah that picture was from yesterday afternoon when i noticed them. Im excited for this pair if its a true pair but it looks to be. With one having a pencil tip and the other an eraser. Its nice to develop a pair instead of trying to find fully grown fish. I cant wait to get babies from this pair.

Hi guys!!!! I'm still alive. :)

I do actually have two angelfish tanks still, and at least one pair still spawns regularly, but they also eat their eggs regularly. I am still planning in taking down one of the tanks - the angel only tank - and keeping the other community tank.

In July I started prepping to leave my life of corporate work behind and open an espresso and ice cream shop. I got the work done and opened the shop in September... Friday the Thirteenth. LOL! I moved my main tank, the 150g to the shop and filled it with African cichlids. They are super lively and interact with all the customers, and my customers LOVE them. My business is thriving (so far) and takes almost all of my waking time, which is the reason I plan to take down at least one of the tanks I still have at home.

I never did sell my gorgeous spawning pair, the platinum marble female and the silver male. I wanted to make sure they went to a good home, and since I still have them, that's why I haven't taken that tank down yet. But it's really gotta go since it is not getting the care, maintenance, and attention it deserves anymore. :-(

Thanks for checking on me everyone!!!
Angelwings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom