Wild type betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone kept wild type bettas? I'm looking for something to keep with a group of micro rasboras and red rili shrimp. Had a B. coccina years ago so I'd like to try something different. Water pH is 7.5 but can be played around with a little bit. Max size would have to be 3.5"

I'll be placing an order with Wet Spot so my options are the following:

B. persephone
B dimidiata
B. rutilans
B. foerschi
B. cracens
B. simorum
B. pugnax
B. channoides
B. simplex

Thanks for your help!

My vote is for either dimidiata, rutilans, foerschi or channoides. The are all awesome fish that won't disappoint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My vote is for either dimidiata, rutilans, foerschi or channoides. The are all awesome fish that won't disappoint.

I ruled out pugnax and simorum because of size. Would all of these be ok with small rasboras and adult shrimp?

I don't see why they wouldn't, but if you're looking for some spawning to take place I would go with either dimidiata, channoides or foerschi so there would be no aggression from a fish defending a nest.

Oh wow, what absolutely gorgeous fish! Going to watch that auction just to see how much they end up going for.

Neon blue eyes... I learn something new each day. Those are spectacular.
Theresa - There is someone in the PVAS club that breeds blue eyes. Not sure which type (not furcatus).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Found this little gem in the Wet Spot photo gallery, I keep checking every week to see if they're in stock :whistle:

img_3193915_0_061a0f0a75aaa04431bb3f5087dc6432.png

I know this is an old thread but what did you end up getting?

I was just at Wet Spot today and was looking at the B. Persephone as an addition to my green rasboras.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom