Will i get a MONSTER-pleco.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MolsonEx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello experts,

Do i have a (moster) pleco ?! :roll:
Or will this 1 stay small :D

Greetings,

MolsonEx

Attachments

• dsc00004_resize.jpg
    dsc00004_resize.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 194
i think you posted in the wrong forum, this is the Saltwater one. Unfortunately i don't know how to move a post.

Cool looking pleco though!

i dont think common plecos have spots, or i havent seen any... i thought they usually have like stripes

I'll tell you for sure what its not - a common pleco. Sorry Rudy.

I agree, it's definately not a common. Looks like a "specialty" pleco. I'd be interested to know which one it really is.

krap101 said:
maybe a snowball>?

No there is no way that's a snowball. I have one so I know. I'm 99% sure its either a Columbian Spotted. If I wasn't so lazy I would look it up. Since I am, I'm sticking with my first guess, Columbian Spotted. :D

Hello,

Thanks for all the info. I looked up all the information but it looks like a L001 (whatever this means.) :roll:
Which means that 1 day i will have to get a bigger tank for this 1.
He or she is doing a great job and looks happy (as far as i can see).

Greetings,

MolsonEx

yeah L1 was probably my guess as well. It's a unique looking one for sure. Maybe a Sternella? There are so many they can be rather difficult to ID.

thts is a Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus L001 o have kept 1 before an interesting fish related to the gibbiceps plec looks like a cute baby

Back
Top Bottom