Will male beta eat guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO 7 guppies alone would fully stock the tank. With three cory cats you would b maxed out.

Guppies have a pretty small bioload, so do bettas, so I think that would be fine. Don't know about Cory cats, but it's more about regular water changes and a good filtering system anyway.

Ok, it's because I feel like Cory's are way too active for a10 gallon, so I think I would do kuhli loaches

Ok, how many female bettas should I put in the 10 gallon

I would do just one. Sororities are possible in a 10 but the smaller the space, the more likely there will be aggression. Also, you would need at least 4 to spread aggression out, and that would kind of take away the room for guppies. One would work, though.

ok, so my stock is
7 guppies, ( 2 male, 5 female)
1 female beta
4 kuhli loaches
8 ghost shrimp
Two otocinclus

To answer your original question, aggressive bettas that want to kill another fish will peck, and peck, and peck the other fish until they suffer from scale loss and internal bruising/injuries. In other words no a male betta will not eat guppies, it would be a long, slow, painful death. But then again some male bettas are nice like mine! :)

:{, ok, I think I'm not getting male bettas now,
What do you think of my stock
7 guppies
4 kuhli loaches
1 female betta
10 ghost shrimp
2 otos

IMO over stocked. After owning a 10 gallon for years I've learned to understand stocking.

It's not always about how many fish you can fit into a tank. It's about how interesting your fish tank is. You can do this without over stocking.

First pick fish that scale to the size of your tank. For a 10 gallon I would only pick nano fish/shrimp/snails or maybe a lone betta.

Now that you know what type of fish are acceptable you still need to make sure you don't pick too many of one species or too many different species. If I were you I would pick one school of fish one type of shrimp and maybe a couple snails. I would also leave out live bearers because of the constant breeding. If you pick the right species you can have a very successful interesting fish tank!

For the fish you have listed a 20 gallon would be much better.

Just my advice. Do what you want with it

And three kuhli loaches, how is that, I have double filtration, and I do 50% weekly changes

Ok, how about 6 female guppies and 2 African dwarf frogs and a female beta

IMO African Dwarf Frogs are best in their own tanks... They don't see very well and a very messy, and mixing bettas and ADF usually do not mix well.

Why don't you do 6 neon tetras and 2 male guppies?

Goto your LFS and ask them for ideas. A proper LFS should be able to give good advice

I did, they said that not a male betta, female, about 5 guppies or similar fish, either 4kuhli loaches and 4 African dwarf frogs, or two betas, 5 guppies, 5 neon tetras and 2 loaches I think this is my final stock
6 neon tetras
One female betta
4 African dwarf frogs
4 kuhli loaches

Back
Top Bottom