Will these be ok with an angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I'm thinking about gettin a pair of marble angel fish for my 40g, just wanted to know if the angels will be ok with my harlequin rasboras, cardinals, sterbai corys, black phantom tetras, oh and the red cherry shrimp?? Thanks for any replies :)

Well...

First consideration is: how big are the angels? I have two medium-large Angela w/Rasboras and ruumynose tetras and they are ok. But keep in mind, angelfish will hunt and eat whatever fits in their mouths. RCS won't have much chance if the angels have any size. Mine ate several within 14 hours- and at the time, I didn't think the angels were big enough.

Batt4Christ said:
Well...

First consideration is: how big are the angels? I have two medium-large Angela w/Rasboras and ruumynose tetras and they are ok. But keep in mind, angelfish will hunt and eat whatever fits in their mouths. RCS won't have much chance if the angels have any size. Mine ate several within 14 hours- and at the time, I didn't think the angels were big enough.

I'm gonna be getting quite small angels, the ones I just seen are babies, I doubt they'd be able to get the RCS in there mouths at the size they are now, I can always give the shrimp to my sister for her tank when the angels get big enough to dine on them lol. Thank you for the reply. :)

Back
Top Bottom